As part of this series, we organize events to address current issues related to major challenges such as climate change and food security.
In this way, we want to enrich and complement the political and strategic discussions in the three Roman UN organizations.
The Climate and Food Talks are aimed at FAO, WFP and IFAD staff, as well as the Permanent Representations of the Member States, but also at research institutions, think tanks and media representatives.
Events held so far:
- November 2017: “The future of sustainable food systems in a changing climate and the role of smallholder production – the post Bonn landscape.”
- September 2017: “Germany’s Partnership with Africa”
- March 2017: “Agenda 2030 - Fighting Hunger, Overcoming Poverty, Protecting our Climate - open up new prospects”
- September 2016: “Climate Change and Humanitarian Assistance: From Bad to Worse?”
- November 2015: “A New Climate for Peace: Taking Action on Climate and Fragility Risks “