UN Food Systems Stocktaking Moment on 24-26 July 2023 in Rome
Rome, 24 – 26 July 2023 - The 2023 UN Food Systems Stocktaking Moment will be hosted by Italy, in collaboration with the Rome-based UN Agencies (FAO, IFAD, WFP), the UN Food Systems Coordination Hub and the wider UN system.
The aim is to provide opportunities for countries to report on progress made at the national level since the UN Food Systems Summit in 2021 and their contributions to the achievement of the 2030 Agenda – despite a current global context that has substantially changed.
The three-day meeting will
- create a conducive space for countries to review commitments to action that were made during the Summit,
- share stories of success and early signs of transformation,
- maintain the momentum for bold acceleration and bold action to further the resilience of food systems,
- advocate for their adaptation to climate change,
- ensure they contribute to communities’ resilience to further shocks and crises, and
- boost the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The United Nations and Italy called on all countries and stakeholders in the food system to make preparations accordingly.
The stocktaking opportunity will be used to reaffirm global commitment on a broad scale and to act in accordance with the objectives of the SDGs.
The high-level meeting will be the first global follow-up to the 2021 Food Systems Summit.
At that time, more than 50,000 people, including 77 heads of state and government from 193 countries, committed to accelerate and intensify food systems transformation to fully achieve all 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Read more: https://www.unfoodsystemshub.org/fs-stocktaking-moment/